Acceptance of Goods
The customer is responsible for inspecting goods for faults and damage and must notify Baby Stuff if there are any issues with an order. Faulty products which are immediately returned will be exchanged. Click here to see returns policy.
All orders must be checked for damage before you sign the couriers documentation. You will see if there is any damage on the boxes. Once you have signed you are saying you have received in good condition. Should there be damage please contact us immediately on 09 401 9917 and do not sign the couriers documentation. Baby Stuff will not be held responsible for any orders that are signed for where clearly there is damage to the external packaging.
We aim to have all goods dispatched and out to the courier within 24hrs of receiving your payment, if we are unable to manage this we will e-mail you and inform you of the delay. Of course weekends and public holidays are excluded (courier company does not work on these days)
- We currently ship to New Zealand, Australia, and the USA. We can ship to other countries by arrangement.
- All orders NZ over $100 are delivered by Courier or NZ Post free of Charge
- A $6 delivery charge will be added to all NZ orders below $100
- Delivery charges will apply to all overseas orders; we will contact you with shipping costs prior to processing your order.
- Goods will be shipped as soon as payment has been validated/confirmed
- We aim to have goods shipped to you within 24hrs of you placing your order, if there is a delay for whatever reason we will contact you and explain the reason. Of course this excludes weekends and public holidays where we will ship/contact you on the next working day.
- We will e-mail you the tracking code and the courier’s website for ease of tracking so you know exactly where your order is, once it has left our warehouse.
- Unfortunately we are unable to deliver to Great Barrier Island, Waiheke Island, Stewart Island, or the Chathams Islands at these prices. We also reserve the right to change the free shipping and/or shipping price if you live in some other remote or isolated island or location. We will however contact you prior to delivery with the shipping costs to your location.
- If for some reason a delivery is missing an item or number of items then Baby Stuff is to be informed within 48hrs of the goods being signed for. There will be no recompense for any items, if we are not informed of the shortfall within the given time frame.
- Baby Stuff uses a tracked courier service. If you state on your order please leave if no one home, or parcel doesn't require a signature upon delivery, this is at you the customers risk. Baby Stuff will not be held responsible for any items that go missing should you not require a signature.
- We try to hold most products in stock. There are a few lines that are despatched direct from our suppliers, please note in these instances we do not supply tracking numbers for couriers. You will be advised if they are getting despatched direct from a supplier at the time we process your order.
- Delivery charges will apply to all international orders. Where there is not an option at checkout, email us at Baby Stuff and we will send you a shipping quote before placing an order.
- Baby Stuff can offer 2 methods of shipping - Economy Courier which is a tracked service and Air International which is untracked.
- Air International is an untracked shipping option, Baby Stuff will not be held responsible for orders that get lost in transit.
- Should you select economy courier you will receive a tracking number once your order has been despatched. For air international orders you will receive a date advising which day your order was shipped on.
- Economy Courier cannot ship to a PO Box.
We want you to be happy with your purchase, therefore if you change your mind about an item purchased or it is damaged or defective simply return it for replacement, refund or exchange.
We can not offer a refund on any Touchwood, Cariboo, Fairydown, Sheridan or Sleepyhead item if you simply have a change of mind on your purchase, as these items are made to order, or ordered in at time of your order being placed.
Returns need to be in their original condition including all protective packaging and returned within 7 days of you having received the goods along with your receipt. In the instance of damage or defect, we will replace the items, or if you prefer, refund the freight and purchase price. If you change your mind about an item we are happy to refund or exchange the product for you, but cannot refund freight costs in these instances (see point three below).
Points to note:
- We cannot accept returns where the damage or defect is a result of something you did.
- Larger items such as prams or carseats may need to be returned to the manufacturer for them to assess the damage if the goods are faulty
- We often subsidise the cost of the freight. If you have changed your mind and decide to return the item, then the full cost of the freight will be retained by Baby Stuff. I.e. if the item cost us $10 to ship and we have already charged you $6 (for orders under $100) then we will retain the extra $4 shipping expense when crediting your card. This also applies where the order was over $100 and the shipping was fully subsidised, if the item is returned we will retain the shipping cost to us before processing the refund. If in any doubt please contact us on email@example.com one of our sales team will be more than happy to assist you in this instance. This only relates to change of mind purchases and in no way relates to damaged or faulty goods.
We can't accept responsibility for returns that are sent by non-traceable postage methods and are not received by us. Understandably, without the items we cannot issue an exchange or refund.
Exchanged items can only be dispatched after the returned goods have been received in accordance with the returns policy. Please be aware that you will incur an additional freight charge for the delivery of the replacement item (unless the item was faulty, damaged, or sent to you in error). Please note no returns or refunds on DVD's which are considered a firm sale.
Please note we do not exchange or refund products purchased on special or that are end of line, so we ask that you choose carefully. Likewise we cannot accept returns on goods that we have ordered in specially for you that is not a standard line we hold in stock.
We cannot accept any goods that have been worn, used, or had their labels removed.
If someone has sent you a gift from Baby Stuff but it wasn’t quite right, then you can return it in exchange for a credit note which you can use to redeem on our web site, as long as it falls within our returns policy requirements as outlined above.
If an item is returned to Baby Stuff for a refund or exchange BUT does not meet our returns criteria, a refund or exchange cannot be processed and we will return the item to you.
For any warranty issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org, please quote your order number and name, a receipt will be required for proof of purchase. For international customers who have a warranty request, it is your responsibility to get the faulty item back to Baby Stuff and cover all costs for us to return the item to you.
Customer costs within warranty.
The customer is responsible for any inwards freight charge to return product to Baby Stuff or to our supplier for warranty repairs & or service.
Customer costs outside of warranty.
Where proof of purchase is not provided or product is outside the warranty period, Baby Stuff reserves the right to charge a service fee and/or charge for parts replaced/repaired. A return freight charge may apply.
Returns on Maternity and Breast Feeding Clothes
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason you can return it to us within the 7 days after the web purchase date for a refund of the purchase price (this does not include the freight cost) if the item is returned in its original condition. This means the item must be unworn with the tags still attached and in its original packaging. We will not accept liability for items being returned which are lost during the return journey to our warehouse.
We would greatly appreciate it if you could let us know why you are returning the item as your feedback is important to us. We can use your feedback to refine our products in the future.
If the goods you receive are faulty, we will replace those goods if they are returned to our warehouse within 7 days of purchase. Reimbursement for shipping expenses will be up to the value of the original quoted shipping cost. For purchases made using discounts or vouchers, the total refunded will only be the amount paid not the the total product price.
After 7 days returns and refunds are subject to manufacturers warranty.
Orders may only be cancelled if the item has not been shipped when the cancellation has been requested. Please email email@example.com if you wish to cancel an order. If your order has already been shipped please read our returns policy for information on returning an item.
We accept payment via Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard), and direct credit to our bank account. We also provide a Lay-By option which is also available at the checkout.
We dislike and will not support in any way credit card fraud or any form of online theft. If your card is stolen or your details are uncertain we reserve the right to contact you or your bank before dispatching any goods.
All credit card transactions are processed through DPS (Direct Payment Solutions) New Zealand’s leading online credit card facility. Other clients of DPS include Air New Zealand, Qantas, Department of Internal Affairs, Bank of New Zealand, Westpac, Telecom, Vodafone the list goes on and on.
We will e-mail you with our banking details when your order is placed. Please note that payments can sometimes take 1-2 working days to appear in our account depending on who you bank with. Goods will be shipped once your payment has been confirmed in our account.
We want your experience with Baby Stuff to be positive and as easy as possible. Since we launched our Lay-by service it has been a huge success and a very popular option for our customers. It is easy to use, convenient and best of all you can secure your order for as little as 10% of the total price of the order. Customers have 3 months to pay for their purchase, from the date the order is placed.
We endeavour to accurately represent all colours offered on our website. However we can not control the variation that may be caused by different PC monitors. We are happy to refund purchases for customers who are dissatisfied with the colour as long as they are returned in accordance with the returns procedure above.
In the event that an item is listed at an incorrect price or incorrect information, Baby Stuff reserves the right to refuse or cancel orders. Baby Stuff will make all reasonable effort to contact the customer using the details provided and all received monies will be refunded.
Privacy and Security
Your personal information is safe with us. Baby Stuff will not pass on any information you supply without your consent to persons or entities outside of our organisation, unless required by law.
Baby Stuff’s employees are made aware of its privacy practices through regular communications and training. We limit access to private and confidential data only to those employees with a specific need to retrieve this information and we store data on multiple service systems, in controlled, secure environments. To maintain our level of security, we conduct both internal reviews and external audits of our security measures and procedures on a regular basis.
A customer may, at any time, change, correct, modify or delete any personal information they may have provided to Baby Stuff by contacting us. Users can also unsubscribe from any newsletters or opt out of various promotional emails at any time by clicking on "unsubscribe" links in each of our newsletters or emails or contacting us.
Our website is protected by the highest level of SSL browser encryption technology available. It is used to ensure that all sensitive data transmissions between yourselves and our website are encrypted and secured to the highest level possible.
We Use DPS (Direct Payment Solutions) for all our credit card processing. They have a dedicated and purpose built development and data centre, specially designed for payments processing. DPS have invested and continue to re-invest in state of the art, bank grade security and infrastructure. DPS are fully certified as Visa AIS and MasterCard SDP (PCI-DSS) compliant at processor level; using an approved QSA for quarterly scans on systems and full onsite audits, annually. All sensitive information is encrypted with the 3DES protocol, with Atalla Network Security Processors. For more information on these standards please go to http://www.visa-asia.com/secured or http://sdp.mastercardintl.com.
Other clients of DPS include Air New Zealand, Air Pacific, Air Rarotonga, Ezibed, Freedom Air New Zealand, Origin Pacific, Qantas Holidays, Qantas, Signature Travel, Sabre Pacific, Tasmania Temptation Holidays, American Express, Bank of New Zealand, Westpac
Corporate, Ascent Technology, Automobile Association, AXA, Aussie Stadium, Bond and Bond, Boise, BTI, Cash Handling Systems, Computerland, CommSecure, Contact-Energy, Cosmos, DHL, EDS, eMatters, Empower, Energy Online, Fatso, Fonterra, Fedex, Genesis Energy, Go Holidays, Holiday Shoppe, Hewlett Packard, Intercity, Kroma Colour Prints, Lion Nathan, Microsoft, Mitre 10, NZ Post, NuSkin, OmegaTrend, Quotable Value, Sony, Southern Cross Insurance, Sun Microsystems, Sky TV, 2day Internet, Tech Pacific, TMP, Toll NZ, Tower Insurance, Travel Spirit Group, TrustPower, UBD, Vero Insurance, Visa Preferred Seating, Wilson Parking, Woosh, Auckland City Council, Department of Internal Affairs, Hutt City Council, Ministry of Justice, NorthShore City Council, Northern Territories Government, Wellington City Council, APN holdings, Fairfax, IDG Communications, NZ Herald, Ticketek, Trade Me, Farmers, Ezibuy, Just Kids, Progressive Enterprises, Pumpkin Patch, Ricoh, Telecom, TelstraClear, Vodafone.
If you are still not sure about purchasing online please either e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone us on (09) 401 9917. We can take orders via the phone or whichever method you feel comfortable with.
We will dispatch your order within 24hrs (excluding weekends and public holidays), in the unlikely event your order is unable to be dispatched within this timeframe we will contact you explaining the delay.
We pride ourselves on our amazing sales support. Please contact us
for any assistance you may require at email@example.com